Young Persons Caseworker
Location: Hull, HU3 2SJ
Hours: Full Time 37.5 hours a week This post is for a 3-year fixed-term contract. (May be extended)
Salary: £20,000-£25,000 per annum- will pay higher end if a qualified social worker
Benefits: Although the work may be challenging, it is always diverse and extremely rewarding.
Our client is a housing charity with 20 employees based in Hull, which works with 16 – 25-year olds. The young people are either homeless, or face the risk of homelessness. Our client uses sports as a tool for personal development and change. They also provide housing, support and training. The project is a partnership project between Giroscope and Vulcan Learning Centre. Due to growing success, our client is looking to appoint a Young Persons Caseworker.
- Working with Young People with complex and challenging backgrounds, and inspiring them to overcome barriers and engage in activities they wouldn’t usually engage with, including sports
- Helping the Young People into safe, secure housing, employment and training
- Assist with the recruitment of beneficiaries
- Conduct initial assessment interviews with young people, assessing their needs and ensuring that they are eligible for the project’s requirements.
- To support young people to develop basic living skills and support them to maintain their tenancy
- Develop support plans for young people taken onto the project, and offer advice and guidance where required
- To report any safeguarding issues to the appropriate agencies as required.
- To complete any other tasks required for the role
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will be professional, dedicated and passionate about social change
- Has a desire to support young people and develop your skills
- Will have relevant qualifications or experience working in a similar role
- Welcome applications from people who have solid experience as a practioner in a statutory or third sector role
- Will be dedicated to their work and have a willingness to share their professionalism, judgement and experience
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: young people, caseworker, housing, charity, employment, training, development, engagement in sport, secure housing, safeguarding, support, property, tenancy, housing, support plans, beneficiaries