Position: Structural Engineer
Location: Liskeard, Cornwall PL14 6AF
Hours: 08:00 – 17:00 Monday-Friday
Salary: A generous salary will be offered, depending on experience. £30-£40K
Benefits: Flexible and friendly working environment, with a good holiday package. A mixture of in office and home working is available for the right candidate.
Our client is a well-established Structural Engineering and Surveying Consultancy, based in south east Cornwall. With many years of experience in all aspects of construction, our client is able to offer a multitude of services, from Structural Design, to Party Wall Surveying, and Contract Administration.
Due to continued success, our client is currently looking for an enthusiastic Structural Engineer to join their busy team and have the chance of working on a wide range of exciting projects. The right candidate will ideally have a minimum of 3-4 years post-graduation experience following completion of a degree recognised by the IStructE or ICE.
You will work in our engineering team producing calculations, drawings and details for projects ranging from small domestic alterations to multi-million-pound new builds.
- Detailed design and analysis of structural elements and frames in concrete, steel, timber and masonry for mostly residential and commercial structures
- Liaising with architects, statutory authorities, the design team and contractors
- Involvement with site surveys and inspection work.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience with design software such as Tekla Structural Designer, TEDDS, Robot etc. will be beneficial.
- A good working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit will be advantageous.
- Minimum of 3-4 years post-graduation experience following an IStructE or ICE recognised degree.
- A driving license and own transport are essential.
- Good communication is essential, as well as a practical approach and construction knowledge.
- Working independently as well as part of a team, depending on the project.
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: Construction, Skilled Trades, Construction and Skilled Trades, Engineering, Civil Engineering, Structural Design, Drainage Engineer, Timber Frames, Structural Engineer, Structural, Engineer.