Location: TN1 2HE
Salary: £11.66 per hour, BACP fees paid, supervision and time at supervision paid, 6 free CPD days per year
Contract: Permanent, part time, term time only
This 150 year old charitable organisation exists to bring hope to the lives of children, families and communities across the UK. They do this by providing qualified counselling for children and support, intervention and training for parents.
Our client is looking for Counsellors to work in their team in the South East. If you are interested in becoming part of their dynamic team and you meet the following criteria, then they would love to hear from you!
- To undertake one-to-one counselling with children in schools and Centres, during term-time.
- To liaise with parents, carers and SENCO’s regarding the counselling of their children.
- To maintain adequate records of work with clients on the computer system, providing information to management and Head Office as appropriate/requested, as well as responsibility for the completion of Evaluation forms, permission slips and referral forms.
- To attend review meetings when requested, by the safeguarding team, school staff, social workers, etc.
- To attend supervision as required, in accordance with BACP guidelines. This may be provided by supervisors, or by an independent external supervisor.
- To understand the role of safeguarding within the company, to attend Local Authority safeguarding training and to follow organisational policies and procedures when safeguarding issues arise.
- To work in conjunction with the Allocations Manager in coordinating your workload.
- To maintain confidentiality.
- To continually represent the work and ethos of the company in a professional and positive manner.
- To seek to be trained to a high standard by undertaking 30 hours annually of Continuing Professional Development.
- To attend meetings as required by your manager such as appraisals, team meetings etc.
- To liaise with, network and refer to other agencies such as the health service, education, social services, other voluntary agencies, etc.
- To attend Staff Days.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Qualified to minimum Diploma level
- At least 200 hours experience of counselling children and adults
- Member of the BACP
- Proficient IT skills to maintain records, and good communication skills
- A demonstrable passion and heart for children and families
- Car owner with valid driving license
If you feel you are the ideal candidate, click APPLY today!
Keywords: Counsellor, Counselling, school, children, therapy, therapist, , one-to-one, support, intervention, safeguarding, BACP, talk therapy, play therapy