IT Support Technician
An exciting position has become available for a full time IT Technician to join our friendly team based in Leeds (LS11 6XD). The successful candidate will earn £22,000- £30,000 per annum depending on experience. If you have 2 – 3 years’ experience as an IT Technician then this is a perfect opportunity to grow your career, join a fantastic company and earn good money.
Role Requirements (Not Limited to)
- Be able to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of variety of problems ranging from straightforward to more complicated technical issues across a variety of systems – desktop/laptop PC’s/Mac’s, servers, networking kit, wireless access points, etc
- Be able to configure and install new IT equipment and software
- Networking including AD/DNS/DHCP/VPN/VLANs + Group Policy
- Assist with network administration, specifically – User/Group Management, Access Control and File/Folder Security & Permissions
- Proven experience using MS 365, Windows Server 2012 & above, SharePoint & Azure
- Proven experience using Windows 7 & 10 is essential
- Experience of RMM/Helpdesk/Documentation platforms
- Highly skilled Microsoft Office suite user
- Experience of configuration & management of network switches & firewalls
- Experience working with Fibre Optic products including Fibre Prep and Splicing
- Basic fault finding experience on Fibre networks
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels
- Structured approach to problem solving and technical troubleshooting
- Flexibility and willingness to travel to and work from client sites as required
- A full Driving license plus vehicle (mileage to be paid by 3TL)
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally working at an MSP
- Be willing to undergo an Enhanced DBS check
Preferable but not essential:
- Knowledge of ITIL v3 processes/standards
- Knowledge and experience of PowerShell/Batch Scripts
- Creating & maintaining reports for both customers and internal staff
- Creating & maintaining internal process documentation
- Experience with virtualisation technologies – Specifically Hyper V
- Experience of configuration & management of telephony systems
- CompTIA A+ / N+ / S+
- Microsoft Certification (MCP / MSCA / MCSE)
- Assisting with internal applications script/systems design & development as required
- Producing fibre test reports
- You will provide 1st/2nd line support to business clients via telephone & helpdesk systems on a day to day basis.
- You will visit client’s offices from time to time to install and configure hardware solutions, eg desktop/laptop computers, servers, networking kit, wireless access points.
- You will visit client’s sites each month to install (fibre splice) fibre optic and occasionally cat6 network cabling.
- You will take responsibility for safety when working on site, ensuring that all company processes are followed and the use of PPE and safety equipment occurs.
Company + Benefits
Founded in 2013 our client have been disruptive in the industry due to their fixed no tie-in pricing and flexible approach to providing IT services to their customers. They offer IT Support, Cloud Services, Telephony systems, and Connectivity to business clients throughout the UK. They describe themselves as a one-stop shop for all their client’s IT needs.
The successful candidate will receive the following benefits:
- Competitive salary and pension option
- Annual salary reviews
- Friendly team working environment
- Smart-casual dress code
- 20 days holiday plus all bank holidays
- Regular hours Monday-Friday with weekends off
Why should you apply?
- The opportunity to work for a fantastic company
- The chance to develop your career
- The opportunity to showcase your knowledge and skills
- The chance to join a fantastic team
- Excellent company benefits
- Great salary
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: it, technician, support, 1st/2nd line support, desktop, laptop, PC’s, Mac’s, servers, networking kit, wireless access, fibre, Microsoft, Microsoft Certification