Salary: (£24K pro rata) £10.85 / hour
Benefits: Health and safety training, Pension scheme, Company van
Hours: 25.5 hours pw
Location: Company based London, SE6 – work throughout the surrounding areas
Established in 2003 with a vision to create opportunities for those who had previously been denied them, or client worked extensively with local authorities, housing associations and private landlords. They have since expanded through a combination of substantial organic growth and strategic acquisitions.
Due to continued success and growth they are currently looking to recruit a Handyperson to join their team. The appointed candidate will be responsible for the performance of a routine and an extensive range of work in the repair and general maintenance of facilities, buildings and equipment. Locations will include houses, flats, rooms, communal areas, the external fabric of buildings and gardens. The role may include sharing the “on call rota” with other members of staff.
- Performing repairs or general maintenance work on facilities, buildings, grounds and equipment at various sites. This could include electrical, carpentry, plumbing and masonry, glazing and painting tasks
- Repairing and treating structures such as showers, floors, sinks, walls, carpets and roofs.
- Performing minor repairs, troubleshooting and adjustment of locks, repairing door hinges.
- Servicing kitchen and other household equipment.
- Moving and assisting in the transportation of furniture and equipment.
- Responding to alarm calls as part of the on-call system.
- Be able to do the very basic assessments on boilers and electrics
- Reporting where there is a need for higher / specialist skilled crafts, e.g. gas engineer or electrician.
- Clean facilities by sweeping, dusting etc.
- Perform routine landscaping on the grounds
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the company and the overall business objectives.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Hold previous experience in a building or maintenance role.
- Be proficient in the use of various power and hand tools.
- You need to have good spoken and written communication and reading skills.
- Have the ability to make and maintain good working relationships with a wide variety of people.
- You need to be reliable, flexible and able to do the job.
- Be conscientious, trustworthy and hardworking.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Be able to solve straightforward problems.
- Physically fit as the role is very active.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Have an awareness of the importance of health and safety and following the guidelines laid down.
- Hold a valid UK driver’s licence.
- Have own tool kit.
If you feel you are the ideal candidate APPLY today!
Keywords: Maintenance, Handyperson, Multi-trade, Multiskilled, Health and safety, DIY, Builder, Plumber, Decorator, Partitioning, Electrician, Assist, Lighting Installation, Maintenance Worker, Maintenance, Tradesman, Skilled Trades, Tradesman Vacancies, Decorator, Domestic, DIY, Multi Skilled, Electrical, Electrician, Joiner, Carpenter, Plumber.