POSITION: Geo-Environmental Engineer (1-3 years’ experience)
SALARY: £20,000-£27,000 depending on experience
BENEFITS: Company Pension, Profit share scheme, 9-Day fortnight (every second Friday off), and other great benefits (see below)
HOURS: 78.75 hrs per 9 days (Monday to Friday) Second Friday off. Opt-out available.
LOCATION: Bromsgrove, West Midlands, B60 4AD
Our client is a well established geo-environmental engineering consultancy with offices in the West Midlands and North-West. The company’s expertise is in the design and investigation, assessment, remediation and verification of sites for commercial and residential development to identify and mitigate environmental and geotechnical risks and to provide design options for structures including foundations, drainage (SUDS), slopes and highways.
The company has a vacancy for a Graduate/Junior Geo-Environmental Engineer with 1 to 3 years’ experience to join the expanding team in Bromsgrove, nr. Birmingham.
The role would suit somebody who has obtained some experience in the sector and is looking to jump-start their career with more responsibility and involvement in a varied project base, to challenge themselves to improve their overall project management, interpretation and reporting skills. In-house and external training will be provided where necessary and we support our staff towards Chartership.
The same role is on offer in Northwich, Cheshire.
Office based work –
- Preparation of Phase 1 desk studies,
- Preparing health and safety documentation.
- Input of borehole logs using Holebase SI.
- Populating and completing schedules for chemical and geotechnical testing.
- Inputting and screening/assessing field data from testing and monitoring, preparation of factual and interpretative reports.
- Production of drawings (CAD – training provided if necessary).
- Basic foundation design to include calculation of bearing pressures and estimating settlement (training provided if necessary).
- Phase 2 reporting; factual summary of field works, ground conditions and test results, interpretive geotechnical and environmental assessments including generic quantitative risk assessment.
- Assisting with development of remediation strategies and validation reports.
- Assisting with job proposals and invoicing.
Site based work –
- Loading and driving of company vans to sites.
- Collection of field data, site monitoring, walkover surveys, project management, setting out and supervision of intrusive investigations, including management of subcontractors on-site.
- Supervising remediation works and verification.
- Gas and groundwater monitoring.
- Logging of soils and rock to BS5930/Eurocode 7 standards.
- Soakaway testing to BRE365.
- Complete and accurate record keeping.
- Collection and dispatch of samples for analysis.
- Undertaking basic field tests, groundwater purging and sampling.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- First or 2:1 Honours Degree in Geology, Engineering Geology, Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science or related discipline.
- Masters level qualification is favourable but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Shows initiative and able to problem solve.
- Well organised.
- Excellent written English.
- Possesses good practical/ field skills.
- Able to present logical, reasoned arguments.
- Has a positive and responsible attitude to health and safety.
- Working knowledge of MS Office is essential.
- Working knowledge of CAD and Holebase SI favourable but not essential.
- The sites are nationwide and applicants must be willing to work away from home on a regular basis. Accommodation, subsistence and overnight allowance paid for by company.
- UK Driving Licence essential.
- Competitive package
- 9-Day fortnight (every second Friday off).
- Pension contributions.
- Professional fees covered (for one body).
- Allowance for overnight stays.
- Generous holiday entitlement.
- Friendly, supportive working environment.
- Profit share scheme.
In order to apply please send a C.V and covering letter by clicking on the apply button below.
Keywords: Engineering, Geologist, Geo-environmental, Environmental, Geotechnical, Geo, Engineering Vacancies, Engineering Job, Environmental Engineer, Junior, Graduate, Trainee, Degree, CAD