Experienced Receptionist/Retail Assistant
An exciting position has become available for a full-time experienced Receptionist/Retail Assistant to join our friendly team based along Shooters Hill, SE18. The successful candidate will earn a salary between £20,000- £22,000. If you have experience working on reception and as a retail assistant and have a passion for customer service then this is a perfect opportunity to grow your career and join a fantastic company.
- Experience as a receptionist and retail assistant
- Passionate about delivering great customer service and developing positive relationships with customers
- Able to work flexibly, initially Monday to Friday, but as the business grows to have the ability to work at the weekend
- Experience of stock control in the use of EPOS systems
- Computer literate with a good level of literacy and numeracy
- A self-starter and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Having a friendly and engaging personality with an excellent and professional telephone manner
- Comfortable working with members of the public and with dogs
- Willing to undertake training and to develop the role as the business grows
- Experience in developing loyalty schemes and sales promotions
- Pet product retail experience
- Knowledge of dog breeds
- Welcoming all customers to the shop
- Answering queries from customers.
- Taking telephone calls and answering queries
- Booking dog grooming appointments
- Assisting shoppers to find suitable goods and products
- Being responsible for processing cash and card payments.
- Stocking shelves with merchandise.
- Reporting discrepancies and problems to the Business Manager.
- Balancing cash registers with receipts.
- Dealing with customer refunds.
- Keeping the store tidy and clean.
- Responsible dealing with customer complaints.
- Receiving and storing the delivery of stock
- Keeping up to date with special promotions and putting up displays.
- You will also oversee the retail section to ensure it is well-stocked, that the products are displayed to best effect and that customers are assisted and helped to select suitable products.
- You will have a high attention to detail, be available to work weekends and thrive working within a customer focused environment.
Our client currently operates as a commercial dog grooming salon and school. The company is expanding its provision to offer a range of pet products and accessories in a new retail section.
The company pride themselves on ensuring all their clients have a great experience with them. They boast a warm, friendly team who are happy to help, which encourages their customers to come back time and time again.
The business is fast-paced, innovative and fun. Our client’s team is small, but perfectly formed. They are eager to expand and welcome another hard working, friendly and customer focused individual onto their team.
Reporting to the site’s Business Manager, the receptionist is critical to the success of the business and will be responsible for exceeding customers’ expectations on a daily basis; whilst also ensuring the highest standard of customer service and brilliant operational standards.
Why should you apply?
- The successful candidate will be joining a warm, friendly and dedicated team
- The chance to showcase your skills in customer service and retail
- You will be the first face the customers and the dogs see
- Earn a salary between £20,000-£22,000
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: experienced receptionist, retail assistant, assistance, EPOS, customer focused, dog grooming, salon