Counsellor – Young People
Funded by Children in Need
Salary: £22,657 per annum
Benefits: 22 days holiday + bank holidays, Pension scheme, Free Parking
Contract: Permanent, part time (30 hours per week)
Location: Essex, SS8
Canvey Island Youth Project (Yellow Door) is a small independent charity providing a range of services for young people age 11 to 25. Our focus is on young people’s health and well-being providing services such as an advice, information, counselling, outreach, sports activities, drama group, stressbusters, youth café, job club, food bank, drug and alcohol education and youth club.
Due to funding from Children in Need they are currently looking to recruit a Young Persons Counsellor to join their team. This is an excellent oppourtunity to make a difference within a well-established, reputable organisation.
- To undertake one-to-one counselling with young people at the Youth Hub or if necessary, by telephone.
- To maintain notes of counselling sessions, and provide regular reports.
- To attend supervision as required, in accordance with BACP guidelines.
- To work in conjunction with the Senior Counsellor.
- To continually represent the work and ethos of Canvey Island Youth Project – Yellow Door in a professional and positive manner.
- To undertake regular training in relation to your role.
- To understand the role of safeguarding within the charity and follow policies and procedures.
- To attend staff meetings and any relevant meetings with outside agencies.
- To liaise with, network and refer to other agencies such as the health service, education, social services, other voluntary agencies etc.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Advanced diploma in counselling.
- Registered member of BACP or another relevant organisation
- Minimum of two years’ experience counselling young people
- Knowledge and experience of emotional wellbeing and mental health issues.
- Knowledge and experience of working with young people and casework.
- An understanding of issues and systems relating to young people, including safeguarding.
- Knowledge of issues affecting disadvantaged young people.
- Ability to provide and disseminate information quickly and accurately.
- Ability to manage own time and work on own initiative and under pressure.
- Ability to work within a team.
- IT skills, using word, e-mails.
- Be able to complete accurate notes and records for data collection.
- Prepared to learn the aims and objectives of Canvey Island Youth Project (Yellow Door)
If you feel you are the Ideal Candidate APPLY today!
Keywords: Counsellor, SENCO, Support Worker, Health Worker, Health and Medical, Social Services, Learning Disabilities, Social Care, Clinical, Medical, Homecare Assistant, Care worker, Homecare, Nursing, Psychologist, Therapist, Therapy, Child Therapist, Child Counsellor.