Content Marketing Manager
Location: Central London
Hours: Full Time
Salary £28,000 – £32,000 Depending on Experience + Bonus scheme
- Much Opportunity for growth and development
- Bonus Scheme
- Dynamic role in a lively environment
Our Client produce exciting conferences, forums, briefings, and workshops on public policy topics; and diverse, timely private sector forums and events. Themes covered range from Knife Crime, Mental Health in Schools, and Employability in Scotland, to Artificial Intelligence, Diversity in TV, and Women Mean Business. You’ll be marketing a really exciting mix of topics, in a dynamic and rapidly expanding environment.
This Content Marketing Manager role will provide a marketer an excellent opportunity to develop your B2B content marketing skills. It involves a mix of marketing methods, such as: email campaigns, social media marketing, copy writing, liaison with design. You’ll also be required to work on specific projects: for example, re-branding, specific branding on major events, website, and CRM reviews. You’ll also be required to extract marketing data and statistics, and review campaigns. This role also involves liaison with other business areas, including Production, Sales, and Sponsorship.
- Managing the project plan for each event.
- Prepare online newsletters, promotional emails, email campaigns and organize their distribution through various channels
- Using the database to pull data for campaigns; and reviewing data and its impact.
- Work alongside Campaign Marketing Manager to research key policy, political and topical news agendas to guide Content Development strategy.
- Work with the Campaign Marketing team to produce content in the forms of blogs, articles, videos, imagery and web copy
- Manage Content and Campaigns for Designated Campaigns – marketing multiple conferences, forums and digital broadcasts.
- Develop editorial calendar, and ensure deadlines are met
- Ensure all content is fully optimized and achieves SEO strategy objectives.
- Develop creative briefs and manage the output of external photographers, videographers & animators.
- Liaise with key stakeholders in the production, data marketing and operations, to advise on digital content opportunities, in line with strategic objectives.
- Plan and monitor the ongoing company presence on social media (Twitter, Facebook etc.)
- Measure performance of content marketing efforts using a variety of Web analytics tools (Google Analytics, WebTrends etc.)
- Assist in the formulation of strategies to build a lasting digital connection with customers
- Contributing to marketing meetings and future marketing strategy.
- Any other duties in keeping with this role
The Ideal Candidate:
- Degree in Marketing or equivalent
- Three to five years content marketing experience.
- An active interest in politics and public policy
- Experience creating content for the web and growing a social audience
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
- Ability to analyze and present content and social performance
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be target and data driven, think strategically, and highly commercially.
- Technical aptitude for, for example: designing templates, updating the website, extracting data from the database (training will be given on our systems but natural skill in this area would be an advantage).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good research skills.
- Experience of working to deadlines.
- The ability to juggle a diverse workload.
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads and sales
- Creative and resourceful.
- A good team worker: helpful, flexible and cooperative.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and take responsibility for projects.
- Willing to contribute ideas to projects, and for the wider business.
The role will initially be home based with flexible-working options to be discussed at a later point.
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV, cover letter and two relevant content examples by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: content, content marketing, marketing, project plan, campaign marketing, creative, briefs, Google analytics, social media, manage content, content development