Class 2 (cat C)
Location: Stood, Kent ME2
Salary: £13.19 per/hr plus+ generous overtime rates and hours + overnight allowance +bonuses
Benefits: Generous health and pension schemes; profit related bonus scheme; Holiday entitlement of 25 days per year (of which a proportion is to be used for Christmas shut down) plus statutory Bank Holidays. Uniform provided.
Thermoseal Group Ltd is the leading UK manufacturer and distributor of insulated glass consumables to the glazing industry. The Group is looking to recruit further driving staff with the right experience. One of the key strengths of the company is the flexibility of its employees who, in return, are rewarded with: a competitive salary; discretionary bonuses; extra working hours; a generous pension scheme and medical health scheme. Hours of work are 37.5 plus overtime as required.
The candidate will receive full in-house product training. Currently, there is also a profit related bonus scheme which is based on both personal and company performance as a percentage of salary paid in two instalments throughout the year. There may also be the need for rotational overnights for distance deliveries that may be hindered by driving hours.
The Company’s core values are to be: ‘Driven for success’, ‘Friendly and make the workplace enjoyable’; ‘Respectful to everyone’; ‘Teamwork focused’; ‘Inspiring Trust and Integrity’. All members of staff are to embrace these core values and reflect them in everything they are involved in and with everyone they come into contact with.
Key Skills, Experience and Responsibilities for this Role
- A minimum of one years’ experience of driving Class 2(C)category vehicles
- Maximum 6 points on license with no major endorsements (DD, DR,IN)
- Drivers must possess a digital tachograph card and a valid DQC (driver qualification card)
- A good geographical knowledge of the UK road network
- Versed in tachograph law and driver regulations and duties
- Have a positive attitude and a professional manner
- Be attentive to customer service and company representation
- Be physically active due to the nature of the position which will include lifting
- A good level of Oral English
- Flexibility to drive a Van or up to Class 2 18T with sleeper cab
- Only applicants with the right to work in the UK will be considered.
Certified as Investors in People, it is this Company’s policy to train and develop its people. Full training will be given on all systems, processes and procedures.
Only those having the relevant experience should apply and due to expected response, only selected candidates will be contacted within two weeks of the application.
Please note that for GDPR compliance, our client is required to keep any unsuccessful applicant recruitment/selection details for 6 months. Following this period, they will be deleted securely.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for stable and long-term employment and who wants to be part of a successful and growing privately-owned company established for over 40 years with a reputation of being innovative and a market leader within its field.
Thermoseal Group Ltd operates an equal opportunities policy.
If you feel you are the Ideal Candidate APPLY today!
Keywords: Driver/Lorry Driver/Multi-drop Driver/HGV Driver/Class 2/HGV Class 2/Class 2 Driver/Transport/Logistics