POSITION: Technical Assistant – Building
SALARY: £25,000-£30,000 (subject to experience)
BENEFITS: Company pension, 30 Days holiday including bank holidays, Other benefits commensurate with the position
HOURS: Full-time – Permanent position, Hours 8:30-5:00 weekdays
LOCATION: TF13 6DG
Based in Shropshire, our client is a leading manufacturer in lime based ecological and historic building products.
Due to continued success the company is seeking to recruit a Technical Assistant – Building to assist in the growth of the successful insulation systems business. Working as part of a small team your communication skills and product sector knowledge will enable you to take on or assist in early ownership of these sustainable product solutions. The company is looking for an enthusiastic person ideally with an interest in sustainable building practices.
- You will be responsible for helping customers and distributors with answering questions on our innovative range of building products including, internal and external wall insulation systems, render and plaster. Knowledge of products and/or industry would be advantageous, therefore require someone with experience from a relevant background in the construction supplies / building materials sector.
- You will be coordinate all product enquiries, supported by senior technical staff, providing product technical advice to specifiers and customers by phone and email.
- You will be giving advice on product and support on project detailing including interpreting plans and drawings, specifications, calculations, warranties and provide analysis on U-values and interstitial condensation – training to be given.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The successful candidate will have ideally a base level knowledge in either architecture, building trades or need to have knowledge and understanding of internal and external wall insulation materials, including plastering materials and building methods will be required with some knowledge of ecological and lime based products desirable but not essential. The company’s focus is on finding the right individual, further training will be provided.
You will also:
- Demonstrate proven experience working within a technical support environment.
- Understand UK building regulations.
- Have good knowledge of building types including modern and solid walled buildings.
- Have some knowledge of wall insulation systems.
- Have good communication skills and be numerate.
- Be a good team player.
- Be able to work on your own initiative and have good organisational skills.
- Be able to work towards resolving customer problems and maintain high standards of customer care.
- Hold a full UK driving licence as site visits will be required.
- Live within a commutable distance and have the right to work in the UK.
In order to apply please send a C.V and covering letter by clicking on the apply button below.
Keywords: Building, Construction, Architecture, Plastering, Wall Insulation Materials.