Support Worker – Children and Young Adults
Salary: Dependent on experience
Hours: Shifts including weekends and bank holidays on a rota system, Permanent
Location: Slough, SL1
Due to continued growth and success our well-established, reputable client are currently looking to recruit an experienced Support Worker to work as part of their team to deliver a high standard of care, meeting the individual needs of service users socially, emotionally and physically.
- To be aware of and put into practice, the employer’s equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory policies
- Provide a culturally sensitive environment for children and young people living in the home.
- To work shifts including weekends and bank holidays on a rota system, undertaking sleep-in duties to provide 24-hour staff cover
- Support the service users by having clear understanding of their individual interests and preferences
- Providing stimulating age appropriate play activities enabling them to make informed choices wherever possible
- Plan and support service users on outings and community activities.
- To provide all aspects of care tailored to meet individual need.
- Assisting the service user with their individually identified routines
- Providing all aspects of care where appropriate maintaining the service user’s dignity at all times.
- To take responsibility for preparing and implementing care plans, risk assessments and maintain files and other records in accordance to policy and procedures.
- Ensure that records and personal information are stored in a secure place maintaining confidentiality of the service users and families using the service at all times.
- To have a clear understanding and operate the employer’s policy and procedures around administration of medication to include the accurate recording and verifying drugs sheet
- To adhere to Health & Safety in relation to service users, self and others as laid out in the policies.
- To be responsible for bringing relevant issues to the attention of your supervisor and colleagues
- Be aware and put into practice the employer’s policies and procedures.
- Take responsibility for your personal and professional development by identifying training needs
- Actively participating in training and regular supervision sessions.
- To undertake other duties and responsibilities that may be required
- To undertake all requested domestic tasks
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience is essential
- Minimum NVQ Level 2 health and social care
- Experience in working with children and young adults
- Experience in working with challenging behaviour
- Restraint training would be beneficial
- Able to work flexible hours
- Eligible to work in the UK
If you feel you are the Ideal Candidate APPLY today!
Keywords: Disabilities Residential Support Worker, Support Worker, Health Support Worker, Care Worker, Health Care Worker, Health Support Worker, Home Care Worker, Health, Medical, Support, Social Services, Children’s Residential Support Worker, Social Care, Care Work,