Benefits: 22 days holiday + bank holidays, Pension scheme, Free parking
Hours: 1945 – 0800 –07.45-2000 2 nights and one long day each week
Location: Craigavon BT62
Our well established, reputable client is currently looking to recruit a Staff Nurse. The appointed candidate will be responsible for the implementation of the daily care needs of the Residents. The post holder may be expected to take charge of the Home in the absence of the Nurse Manager and will also be expected to supervise, teach, and train other staff as appropriate.
The appointed candidate will be Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating individual programs of care and ensuring that high quality individualized patient care is carried out to an agreed standard and will be expected to adhere to Home policy for the safe custody, administration, recording and disposal of all medicinal products
- Assist Residents in all aspects of their care needs
- Pay attention to assisting Residents who have limited mobility or physical/learning difficulties making the best use of aids provided
- Ensuring the highest level of care is maintained
- Answer nurse call system, giving assistance as required
- Assist in the delivery of care for Residents who are dying.
- Assist with last offices.
- Assist in social activities by interacting with Residents.
- Assist in the promotion of continence.
- Complete written daily records as instructed and in line with policies and procedures.
- To promote a domestic style ethos in the Home
- To participate in the named key worker/primary nurse system and act as an advocate.
- To participate in staff development and performance review
- To adhere to the Home’s policies and procedures.
- To assist in controlling stock levels within the Home
- To report and record accidents/incidents according to the Home’s policy.
- Assist in the control of infection by adhering to the Home’s policies.
- Ensure professional, technical and clinical knowledge is current and utilises evidence-based practice.
- Comply with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and Scope of Professional Practice.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Contribute to effective and economic use of resources and the maintenance of all equipment.
- Carry out any other duties as required.
- Co-operate fully with the implementation of the Home’s Health & Safety arrangements.
- Comply fully with the Home’s policy and procedures regarding record management.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must have a valid NMC PIN and a valid Access NI
- Professional, understanding, and patient with a warm personality
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates a caring disposition towards others
- Be flexible to work on a day or night duty rota
- Capable to maintain documentation and undertake audits.
- Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & have an understanding of latest nursing practices
- Nurse Manager will will help them with their revalidation process when required.
In order to apply please send a C.V and covering letter by clicking on the apply button below.
Keywords: Registered Nurse, Health Care Worker, Healthcare Worker, Health Worker, Care Worker, Health and Medical, Health and Medical Vacancies, Care Vacancies, Healthcare Vacancies, RGN Qualified, Nursing, Nurse, RMN Qualified Nurse, Matron, RGN, RMN, Care Home, Residential Home, Home Manager, Registered Manager, Management, Care Manager, Leader, Senior Care, Nursing, Medical, Nurse, Senior Care, Care Staff, Nurse, Nursing , Staff Nurse, Medical, Care Leader.