Software Architect and Team Lead
An exciting position has become available for a full time Software Architect and Team Lead to join a friendly team based in Plymouth (relocation is available). The successful candidate will earn a generous salary based on their experience. If you have experience in software engineering and have previously successfully lead a team then this is a perfect opportunity to grow your career, join a fantastic company and earn good money.
- Experience in software engineering
- A degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or a related discipline, and/or industry experience in a relevant field.
- Experience leading a team
- Be a problem solver
- Strong technical skills and flexible approach to technology
- You are an accomplished developer with a good understanding of many languages both OO and functional programming styles
- a great people manager who can motivate and enthuse a team.
- Have a good understanding of system design and the ability to orchestrate systems and workflows as well as having a good knowledge of web services and the use of API’s.
- You have experience of working with dynamic web applications
- You understand good design principles such as the separation of concerns. Experience of automated testing would be beneficial.
- Working on a large- scale digital platform that powers many high-profile websites and applications
- Producing a platform that operates at scale 10,000 or more users per client
- Selecting, evaluating and extending technology components to work as a unified playform of services
- Managing the conflicting user requirements
- Motivating the team to deliver the highest quality work
- Collect input and work with the CEO to provide a cohesive vision for the platform
- You will research and develop new and innovative services from idea to delivery and ensure ongoing incremental improvements for all our existing clients
- You will contribute towards our goal of continually improving our development processes and delivering outstanding software
Company + Benefits
Our client was founded in 1999, and today comprises over 60 people. They are a growing software business based on the edge of Dartmoor. Their clients range from the public sector (Police Forces and Government) to private sector brands.
Our client’s mission is to ensure their clients maximise their online potential. They do this by harnessing the best internet technologies to deliver innovative solutions that enhance customer experience, reduce costs, and provide a competitive advantage.
This company offer excellent benefits such as:
- Flexible working hours and location
- 31 days holiday including Bank Holidays, increasing by 1 day for each full year of service up to a maximum of 36 days
- Company performance bonus
- Long service award
- Enhanced maternity & paternity package
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to reduced rate fitness scheme
- Free refreshments
Why should you apply?
- Excellent benefits (flexible working hours, 31 days holiday, long service award etc)
- Joining a fantastic company
- Generous salary
Initial interviews will be via telephone/Skype with our CEO. If successful you will be invited to attend an interview at the company’s offices in Plymouth which will last approximately 1 hour. You will be expected to be able evidence previous examples of your work and relevant experience.
Applications from candidates living outside of the UK will be considered for the position provided the candidates can demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK.
GOSS is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that decisions concerning recruitment will be based on the needs of the business and not any assumptions based on sex, race, age, disability, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, married or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button