Skilled Laser Operator and Setter
Location: West Thurrock, Essex RM20 3XD
Salary: £11.50 to £15/hr DOE & SHIFT
Hours: Permanent, shift work will be required.
Our client was established in 1998 & has established themselves as the premier sub-contract Laser Job Shop in the South East. Although only small in size they are part of the largest group of independent Laser Job Shops across the country which are still family owned and are small enough to be dynamic. They are now looking for an experienced Flatbed Laser Operator and setter, the position will make a big difference to the company and has all the benefits of being part of a group.
Duties Will Include:
- Set-up and operate 5kW Flatbed Trumpf Laser 3000 x 1500mm.
- Experience required in this type of work and be capable of carrying out all day-today functions required to keep the laser machines operating at maximum efficiency
- This will involve solving machine problems, routine maintenance, setting up of laser and production of many different bespoke jobs during the course of the day.
- Responsible for loading sheet metal (0.7mm-20mm) using a forklift and unloading laser cut parts. (FLT training available if required)
- Read and interpret drawings.
- Responsible for maintaining quality workmanship and tolerance specifications
- Responsible for filling out paperwork associated with work performed
- Other duties to include, but not limited to, assist in setting/running of any of the different machines in the factory helping with other duties on the factory floor such as deburring, grinding, countersinking, loading & unloading suppliers/customers vehicles.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 2 Years Setting Experience
- Previous laser operating experience
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: Laser Operator, setter, setting, laser, flatbed, operating, machines, sheet metal, maintenance, production