Okehampton based company currently has a vacancy for an experienced Field Based Service Engineer.
We are looking for an individual who is hardworking and can work well independently and with autonomy. The ideal candidate must have a keen attention to detail, be able to complete work to a high quality yet in an efficient manner, be able to take instruction from management, hold excellent time management and problem solving skills and communicate with our customers in a professional manner.
The individual will benefit from experience in performing the servicing of sewage treatment systems & sewage pumping stations or other similar equipment, however full training will be provided.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform servicing of packaged sewage treatment systems & sewage pumping stations in line with required procedures and to our high quality standards.
- Be able to problem solve whilst out on site, in order to identify the root cause of a treatment system which is not functioning and implement an effective solution.
- Operate tools & equipment in line with training.
- Report any queries or issues proactively to the Senior Engineer
- Work with the Service Coordinator to manage your day and time effectively
- Ensure high standards of health & safety and PPE is worn at all times
To apply for this vacancy, you must be fit for the completion of physical work & meet the following requirements:
- Full & Clean UK Driving License (No more than 3 points)
- Ability to work outside in adverse weather conditions
Desirable but not required:
- Experience or knowledge of servicing / sewage treatment systems / sewage pumping stations.
- Some form of electrical, mechanical, plumbing, based knowledge / training
- CITB Health & Safety Awareness Certification
- Confined Space Training
- CSCS Certification
- British Water Qualified
- Holiday: 28 days (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Salary dependant on experience
- Use of company van
- Company mobile
- Pension contribution
To apply please submit your CV and Cover Letter explaining why you are suitable for the role
Keywords: Sewage Treatment, Drainage Engineer, Operative, Waste Water, Mechanical, Electrical, Technical, Plumbing, Plumber