Senior Criminal Defence Advocate
An exciting position has become available for a full time Senior Criminal Defence Advocate to join our friendly team based in Harrogate (HG1 1ED).The job holder will provide efficient and effective legal advice, assistance and representation for clients maintaining the highest standards of professional expertise and client care at all times. The job holder will be expected to make every effort to obtain a speedy result for the client, to be accessible to their clients and maintain regular and appropriate contact with them.
The job holder will be directly responsible to the Head of Department and the Partners of the firm in general.
- Communication – written and spoken, active listening
- Problem solving
- Ability to learn
- Ability to develop relationships
- Computer literate
- Ability to work as part of a team / work on own initiative
- Understanding of the firm’s business and the marketplace
- Personal performance in the role is measured by achieving, maintaining and exceeding the expected level of: Chargeable time, Financial targets, File review feedback / corrective action, Demonstrating the skills and capabilities for the role, Identifying under performance highlights areas for individual development in order to ensure the effective delivery of service to the client.
- To manage the Harrogate office in the absence of the Head of Department
- Deal with correspondence and telephone queries, managing the client’s expectations.
- Provide written advice to the client, where necessary
- Produce documents and instructions and obtain expert reports
- Keep up to date with the changes in the law and procedures
- Deal quickly and efficiently with clients
- Ensure that cases are conducted in accordance with Law Society guidelines
- Maintain confidentiality
- Meet chargeable time and financial targets, as agreed with the Partners
- Attend meetings and training sessions, where relevant
- Manage own continuing professional development
- File management and administration
- Time recording
- Comply with the procedures and standards set out in the Office Procedures Manual and with any and all relevant or appropriate professional and training standards, keeping a proper record of work done.
For over 30 years, our lawyers have been providing outstanding legal support to our clients. We offer advice on a broad range of legal matters. We are one of only a small number of firms in the North East to hold the prestigious VHCC accreditation. This allows us to work with large and complex cases.
Our aim is to build trusting, long-lasting relationships with our clients, so you think of us whenever you have a legal issue.
Why should you apply?
- To join a fantastic company
- To become part of an excellent team
- To further your career
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: senior, criminal defence, solicitors, legal, advocate, legal advice, legal firm