Senior Conveyor Service & Installation Engineer/Manager
POSITION: Senior Conveyor Service & Installation Engineer/Manager
SALARY: £35,000 – £40,000 PA + choice of Car or Van + Bonus, Pension, Phone and laptop etc.
BENEFITS: Company Pension, Choice of Car or Van + Bonus, Phone and laptop etc.
HOURS: Full Time, Permanent
LOCATION: Derby, DE1 3GP
With over 50 years of experience, our client, is one of the leaders in the design, integration and installation of innovative material handling and picking solutions.
Due to expansion an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Conveyor Service & Installation Engineer/Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding Midlands based company involved in providing solutions into industries throughout the UK with integrated materials handling equipment. These industries range from warehouse/ecommerce/distribution/logistics through to parcel, pharmaceutical, food and drink manufacturers, handling anything from small cartons and bags up to two tonne pallets.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced conveyor installation and service engineer, with management ambitions. Based in The Midlands, and capable of working unsupervised from a home base, managing installations on site and service contracts. This will be a staff position, with the potential to create and manage your own department as the business grows.
The position is a home based ‘hands on’ Service & Installations Manager for new installations, organisation / management of labour for new build and provision of management for aftersales service and support contracts.
There are three main aspects to the role:
- New project installation and existing system enhancements
- Planned Maintenance/Service
- Reactive Service/breakdown repair on a 24/7 basis
Typical responsibilities/activities include (but not limited to);
- Planning and executing new installations of conveyor systems and related automation equipment.
- 70-80% time “on the tools”, primarily mechanical engineering but with electrical skills for servicing and fault finding and resolution.
- 20-30% administrative work, managing service contracts including preparing service reports, creating RAMS for installations, liaising with clients, procuring additional sub-contract labour and organising MHE hire.
- Working within the team to assist in the preparation of conveyor installation estimates.
- Visits to both existing and potential customer sites around the UK.
- Ability to assess site conditions pertinent to project requirements and advise accordingly.
- Mechanical/Electrical servicing of equipment in accordance with manufacturers recommendations.
- Organising your own diary/workload
As part of a small team it is expected you would carry out activities that are not within your job description & role when required.
- 10 years proven experience in the installation and servicing of unit load conveyors (generally cartons, totes & pallets but excluding heavy/bulk handling/vacuum conveyors) – familiarity with Conveyor Units range of products would be advantageous.
- Qualified electromechanical engineer, the hands-on role is primarily mechanical with the ability to maintain controls elements and carry out electrical fault finding.
- Ability to oversee both mechanical and electrical installation teams.
- Familiarity with PLC and HMI software for fault finding is desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word & Excel).
- Full, clean, driving license is essential.
- Good level of English/mathematics together with written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Confidence in representing the company face to face with clients.
The Ideal Candidate:
We are looking to recruit a dynamic, self-motivated engineer with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the conveyors and automation industry. The candidate should have the skills to manage a varying workload themselves and also 3rd party suppliers and sub-contractors.
Ideally this person should hold or should have held a similar role with a competitor in the intralogistics market and live in the Midlands.
- Outgoing and calm personality
- Logical thought process with an attention to detail
- Ability to work within a small dedicated team
- Able to present themselves professionally
- Enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated with an ambition to succeed
In order to apply please send a C.V and covering letter by clicking on the apply button below.
Keywords: Conveyor, Conveyor Engineer, project installation, maintenance engineer, service engineer, breakdown repair, breakdown engineer, RAMS, mechanical electrical servicing, repair engineer, management engineer.