POSITION: Residential Childcare Workers
SALARY: Good rates of pay£18,720 for non-qualified – £20,800 for qualified with experience of 2 years or over
BENEFITS: Company Pension,Mileage allowance, Full training induction, Regular ongoing training, an incentivised Level 3 diploma Scheme.
HOURS: Full-time – Various shifts
LOCATION: Newcastle upon Tyne & Northumberland NE6-2YP
Established in 2006, our client is an organisation that provides services for Children and Young People with emotional and/or behaviour difficulties.
Our client is a specialist in providing quality services to children, young people and their families.
Our client believes in:
Dedication to quality, professionalism and service.
Delivering value to customers and developing its staff.
The organisation has two children’s homes just outside Newcastle City Centre and one within Northumberland.
The organisation is currently recruiting for experienced, qualified, committed, energetic and enthusiastic Residential Childcare Workers, to work in any of the 3 homes. All of the homes care for children/young people and offer a therapeutic environment with a clinical overview where the company Psychologist conducts regular consultations with all staff teams to support the therapeutic needs of all children within their care.
Our client supports a culture of learning and has compassion for others which reflects in practice.
JOB ROLE (not limited to):
- To maintain the development of positive childcare practice in keeping with the aims and objectives of the organisation
- To contribute as that of professional parent and to take a child centred approach to enable each child/young person to grow and develop healthily, promoting and maximising their educational opportunities and/or other achievements. A vital part of your role will be providing the children/young people with emotional and social support, helping them to develop meaningful relationships with other children and adults as well as encouraging them to become involved with local communities.
- You will write reports on the children/young people’s progress, complete risk assessments and attend meetings which review progress and develop placement plans.
- Develop and sustain effective working relationships with the local community, colleagues and other agencies to promote collaborative working and partnerships.
- To report all matters of concern to the senior on call.
- To undertake training as required.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- You will have at least 2 years childcare experience of working with children and young people. Preferably within residential childcare or a similar role.
- Qualifications in Childcare NVQ level 3 Children & Young people, Health and Social Care or equivalent desired along with a proven track record towards continued professional development. (The organisation has an incentivised plan in place for those without the qualification to enable the correct candidate to work towards this qualification).
- Be able to follow all organisation policies
- You will be working as part of a team of Residential Childcare Workers so good communication, flexibility and teamwork is essential.
- Possess diverse skills and be able to empathise with children with complex needs and manage a range of challenging behaviours.
- Be willing to work on a shift rota system which involves daytime, evening and night work.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Live within a commutable distance and have the right to work in the UK.
Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the appointment will be made subject to receipt of an acceptable enhanced disclosure & barring certificate and suitable references.
In order to apply please send a C.V and covering letter by clicking on the apply button below.
Keywords: Residential Childcare Worker, Support Worker, Health Support Worker, Care Worker, Health Care Worker, Health Support Worker, Home Care Worker, Health, Medical, Support, Social Services, Education Support, Education, Special Needs, Residential Care Worker