Registered Manager within a Residential Children’s Home
An exciting position has become available for a full time Registered Manager within a Residential Children’s Home, based in Swadlincote, Derbyshire. The successful candidate will earn a negotiable salary.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate individual who has a proven track record of providing the highest quality care for the young people as well as providing their staff with a high level of leadership and management. The Registered Manager must have extensive knowledge and understanding of all current regulations related to Residential Childcare and can effectively apply these to the day-to-day running of the home. This individual must proactively strive for ongoing improvement within the home, the staff team and themselves.
- You will have a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services or working towards a Level 5 qualification relevant to working with children, as well as in management or Diploma in Social Work.
- You will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a childcare setting and at least 2 years within a residential childcare setting.
- You will have 2 years management /supervisory experience.
- Experience of working with young people with emotional, behavioural difficulties, symptoms of trauma, anti-social behaviour and unaccompanied asylum seeking young people.
- Ability to manage complex budgets.
- Experience of managing change and flexible time management.
- Motivation, flexibility and sense of responsibility
- A strong problem solver with a “can do” attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and IT literacy
- You will work alongside the Director of Services
- Contribute to the planning, delivery and review of services. This includes monitoring and maintaining standards and objectives and to implement quality assurance systems, which reflect agreed good practice.
- You must have your own car and hold a full UK driving license (mileage will be paid).
- You will be passionate about safeguarding young people
DMR Services Ltd is an established private organisation with over 15 years’ experience of supporting vulnerable children and families within a Residential and Community Setting.
DMR’s mission is to consistently provide service users with the highest quality care and support and this has been achieved by our continuous investment in the services which we provide and the staff that we employ.
DMR Services invest in all our staff and we offer a comprehensive induction, ongoing training, career progression and a pension scheme.
As we are committed to safeguarding children and young people, all successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check with adult and child workforce.
Why should you apply?
- To join a fantastic company
- To become part of a great team
- To showcase your knowledge and skill set
- To develop your career within a supportive organisation
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: Registered Manager, Children’s Home, Young People, OFSTED, Lead, Influence, Vulnerable Children, Management, Management Team