An exciting position has become available for full time Production Planner to join a friendly team based in Birmingham. The successful candidate will earn a competitive salary dependent on experience. To be successful you should be knowledgeable of material requirements planning and able to manage production deadlines. The role requires a person who can coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between departments according to daily and weekly production schedules. You will be required to create, modify, and manage production schedules and closely monitor the production process to ensure that production orders are completed on time and within budget.
- Proven Production Planner with a minimum of 5 years previous planning experience.
- Understanding of ERP systems and Microsoft Office products; strong computer skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, including good customer service/phone skills and flexibility for handling a wide range of activities.
- Sound knowledge of material requirements planning (MRP) and related software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in Textiles or Jewellery manufacturing would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, and Infor cloud suite industrial ERP systems would be beneficial.
- Create and maintain production, work, and shipment schedules and prioritize job orders for production optimization.
- BoM creation, correction and maintenance on the company’s ERP system (Infor).
- Follow-up as required with all teams to expedite flow of materials and documents to meet production schedule and customer expectation.
- Promptly addressing and resolving production issues to minimize delays in production.
- Coordinating production operations in accordance with material, labour, and equipment availability.
- Effecting changes to production schedules to ensure that production deadlines are met.
- Compiling status and performance reports and submitting them to management in a timely manner.
- Interact with shop floor management daily to resolve issues regarding manufacturing efficiencies or to provide additional information as requested from Manufacturing, Customer Service and Accounting.
- Work closely with the time & motion engineers to create correct costing reports.
- Creating and managing job orders through the production process.
There’s something inspiring about working for our client, perhaps it’s their iconic history and their reputation of serving clubs, associations, trade and student unions, nationally and internationally over many years. The company holds a Royal Warrant from Her Majesty the Queen as supplier of Gold and Silver Laces, Insignia and Embroidery.
They are proud to supply regalia, jewels, insignia and a broad range of other items to their customers around the world. They create styles that celebrate a passion for colour, texture, craftsmanship and innovative design. The tradition of fine craftsmanship is proudly carried on today in their Birmingham and Bedworth workshops.
The successful candidate will receive the following benefits:
- Company pension scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- On-site parking.
Why should you apply?
- To join a fantastic company
- To become part of a great team
- To showcase your knowledge and skill set
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: Production Planner, MRP, ERP, Shop Floor Management, BoM, Textiles, Jewellery Manufacturing, Regalia, Jewels, Insignia