Salary: £9 per hour to start
Hours: Monday to Friday 7.30am to 4.00pm, Overtime available due to demand
Benefits: Auto Enrolment contribution of 3%, 28 days holiday per annum (which includes the 8 bank holidays).
Location: Hertfordshire, SG1
Our client is a small but busy trade book binders based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire. They are now looking to recruit a skilled print finisher to join their fantastic team.
Due to expansion they have a requirement for a skilled Print Finisher to work within the bindery department reporting to the Production Manager. Their view to is to develop your skills of print finishing further to encompass all areas of paperback and case book binding.
Utilizing your experience as a print finisher, our client will develop and advance your skills in order to create beautifully made perfect bound and cased bound books. Areas to be covered and developed will be guillotine, case maker, board cutter, foilier, three knife trimmer, saddle stitch machine and other smaller hand binding equipment.
Carry out tasks and operate any required machines and processes associated with the smooth running of the binding area as requested by the Production Manager to meet production targets, customer needs, efficiency and quality requirements in line with Standard Operating Procedures.
Comply with health and safety regulations within the team and the environment ensuring safe practice regarding use of equipment (i.e. Finishing equipment, lift truck, manual handling equipment etc) and general good housekeeping to ensure a safe working environment for all employees.
Be prepared to work in other areas of operations for specified periods as required.
The Ideal Candidate: –
- A good understanding of print finishing is essential.
- Book binding knowledge advantageous but not essential as full training will be given to the right candidate.
- Knowledge of guillotine a must
- Paper handling skills
- Well organised, tidy with excellent memory and mathematical skills
- Forklift licence preferred but not essential
- Ability to grasp and learn new processes quickly
- Be able to work on their own and alongside a small dedicated team
- Excellent communication skills
- You will comply with on-site health and safety rules
If you feel you are the Ideal Candidate APPLY today!
Keywords: Print Finisher, Print Finishing, Printing, Finishing, Manufacturing, Production, Production Management, Print Machine Operator, Machine Operator, Production, FLT, Counterbalance, Guillotine, Print