Personal Health Coach
An exciting position has become available for full time Personal Health Coach to join a friendly team based in Cambridgeshire. The successful candidate will earn £19,000-£25,000 pa based on experience. Hours of work will be 37.5 hours/week. 9am to 6pm – Mon – Fri with a 1-hour lunch break. This is a new and pivotal role within the company as they prepare for expansion in the medical devices sector, both nationally and internationally. Working closely with the Quality Manager and Managing Director, you will be the cornerstone of the Customer Facing function.
Previous experience is essential for this role.
Role Requirements (not limited to)
- BSc, Diploma or Certificate in one or more of these areas: sports science, sports coaching, physical education, behaviour science, sports management, sports & exercise science, sport & exercise psychology, personal health coach, personal trainer, weight management, cardiac or pulmonary rehabilitation, smoking cessation, alcohol reduction, psychosocial health. Membership of professional bodies: AoC, ICF, EMCC, UKHCA.
- Have worked in a Leisure Centre, NHS GP or social care and may have undertaken Health Checks.
- Passionate about helping others to overcome barriers to achieving health goals. Experience of supporting positive behaviour change by phone, remotely or face to face.
- You will have used coaching skills to support people with lower patient activation to develop knowledge, skills, and confidence to manage their health and wellbeing, whilst increasing their ability to access and utilise appropriate exercise and education.
- Facilitated setting-up and attainment of health goals in order to change lifestyle-related behaviours, with the intention of reducing health risks, improving self-management of long-term conditions, and improving quality of life.
- Coaching skills have supported and encouraged prevention of developing further illness or deterioration of existing long-term conditions.
- Delivered Right Start Level 1-5 exercise classes, or equivalent.
- Skilful verbal and written communication.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills, self-confident at presenting ideas, education, exercise classes aimed at a range of people based on abilities, race, language, age.
- Ability to manage time independently, efficiently and work to deadlines.
- Working understanding of some of these areas: know how the body works, basic nutrition, weight management, exercise/sports/fitness, personal health coaching, coaching techniques, goal setting, safeguarding, confidentiality, data protection, mental emotional health coaching, falls prevention.
- Product knowledge, self-management coaching, packaging, labelling, Instructions for Use, marketing collateral, stock control.
- How the body works, healthy eating, health, fitness, mental health, and specific health topic blog; post to support groups within Activ8rlives and support, case studies and events.
- eCommerce, pre- and post- sales support, customer support, distribution.
- Implementation and maintenance of records of Complaints, Sales and Customer Feedback within the quality management systems.
- Special Projects: support business development, syllabus development for health topics, large contract sales to local authorities and NHS, assist with patient onboarding with clinical trials using our products and platforms, support senior management and room for career progression.
Established in 2010 our client is about to enter the next phase of their development. Currently in their third generation of integrated medical monitoring systems, they utilise a range of platforms and/or devices to enable technology-based Self-Care of complex conditions for healthcare providers and patients.
The successful candidate will receive the following benefits:
- Pension: Employer and employee contribution.
- Holidays: 25 days paid annual leave.
Why should you apply?
- To join a fantastic company
- To become part of a great team
- To showcase your knowledge and skill set
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: Personal Health Coach, Customer Support, Pre-and Post-Sales Support, Sports Science, Behaviour Science, Sports & Exercise Science, Sport & Exercise Psychology, Personal Trainer, Weight Management, Cardiac Rehab, Pulmonary Rehab, Smoking Cessation, Alcohol Reduction, Psychosocial Health, Health Behaviour Change.