A busy Scottish based Leisure Marine Engineering Company on the River Clyde has an immediate requirement for a full time Engineering Stores/ Parts Manager. The successful candidate will work Monday to Friday 9am-6pm and will earn between £20,000-£25,000 per annum.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy Leisure Marine Engineering company. The role will be to support the company’s activities across stores, stock control, goods in and dispatch areas. Ideally, you will have worked in a similar engineering environment previously. Volvo Penta or Marine Engineering experience with all types of inboard and outboard engines would be a major advantage.
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated individual with a desire to learn
- Have previous experience in a fast-moving engineering or similar stores environment.
- Good organisational skills
- Able to understand a schematic drawing at a basic level.
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to work under own direction and monitor own workload
- Ability to diligently follow work procedures and practices
- Numerate and Literate
- IT literate
- Sailing experience would be a major advantage
- Take calls and offer technical advice to customers
- Be responsible for identifying and ordering all types of Marine equipment.
- Unpacking and checking deliveries against delivery paperwork
- Identifying and prioritising key deliveries and dispatching them to the relevant departments
- Stock control and locating stock in stores. Annual stock take.
- Continuously monitoring fast moving consumables and re-ordering for stock
- Supporting different areas of the business with logistic arrangements for dispatch items
- Process warranty claims, register engines etc. (training available if required)
Our client has over 30 years of experience in boat sales and servicing. Starting up as a one-man business at Largs Marina in 1984. Now with 13 employees, and one of the best-equipped and modern purpose-built boat sheds in the west of Scotland, our client is proud of their customer relationships and first-class level of service.
Why should you apply?
- 28 days holiday
- 10 of these days are to be kept for two-week closure over the Christmas period
- Work wear, plus more.
- Overtime available over the busy season
- Workplace pension scheme in place.
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: Parts Manager, Engineering Stores, Marine Engineering, Volvo Penta, Marine Engineering Experience, Marine Equipment, Deliveries, Stock Control, Engineering Environment, Marine, Sailing, Sailing Experience