(Responsible to the Operations Manager)
Hours: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £19,500 – £21,500 per annum (depending on experience)
Our client provides a global service for the distribution of bulk liquids and powders and has representation in over 100 countries worldwide. The operation is controlled from our corporate headquarters in Middlesbrough, supported by Bulkhaul offices strategically located in United States, Japan, Singapore, Korea, Brazil, Belgium and Germany.
Due to continued success they are now seeking highly motivated individuals to join their UK/European Operations and/or Commercial Teams on a full-time basis at their head office in Middlesbrough. The positions available are challenging, rewarding and require a high level of commitment. Starting salary for the positions are negotiable within the range of £19.5-£21.5K depending upon knowledge and experience. Core working hours will be 40 hours per week with start/finish times fluctuating depending on the role.
Own transport is recommended due to location.
- To control and manage the suppliers in the UK and Europe for Transport, Shipping, Rail, Barge and Depot.
- To communicate with all Bulkhaul overseas offices
- Ensure that the in-house management and IT systems are up to date
- Ensure that the costing of all operational activities are correct
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to prioritise work
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with and support individuals within the Operations Transport Department
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks
- Good time management
- May have experience within similar roles
- May have previous experience within the shipping/transportation or freight forwarding industry would have an advantage but is not essential
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please click the APPLY button.
Keywords: Tariff Operations Assistant, Commercial Operations Assistant, Operations Assistant, Logistics Coordinator, Logistics, Shipping