An exciting position has become available for a full-time Nursery Nurse based in Manchester. The successful candidate will earn £9 an hour.
The candidate will work 40 hours per week Monday to Friday.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- Knowledge of EYFS curriculum requirements and their implementation within the nursery.
- Able to form excellent relationships with children Able to communicate well and establish firm, fair and consistent boundaries.
- Good working overview of the EYFS with the under 5’s.
- Able to keep clear records.
- Able to form good relationships with other staff ICT literate.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Sensitive, polite, and friendly Positive and constructive.
- Seeks solutions to problems.
- Good listener.
- Values professional development.
- Willingness to participate in development.
- Willingness to assess around the setting when needed.
- To ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual care for children placed in the Nursery.
- To ensure communication between parents, staff and children and ensure all children and achieving to the best of their individual abilities.
- To give support to other personnel within the Nursery and to the Management Team to ensure the nursery is run to a high standard and meeting all the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Framework.
- Formulate and operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your key group/ room working in conjunction with the EYFS.
- Prepare the children’s records in your group and institute reviews for parents/carers, in conjunction with the EYFS.
- Support all staff and engage in being an outstanding staff team.
- Liaise with and support parents/carers and other family members.
- Liaise with the Local Authority and other professionals associated with the setting.
- Attend occasional staff meetings outside working hours.
- Undertake certain domestic jobs within the setting, e.g., cleansing of equipment and such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be determined from time to time.
- Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the EYFS curriculum is delivered to an outstanding standard.
- To ensure good standards of hygiene and cleanliness are always maintained and be responsible for the health and safety standards appropriate for the needs of young children.
- Record accidents. Ensure parents and other staff caring for the children are informed.
- To ensure confidentiality of information received.
- Ensure child is collected by someone known to Setting.
- To actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the workplace, ensuring that all staff and volunteers observe Setting policies and procedures to keep children safe from harm.
- To performance manage, appraise, observe, and feedback to the Nursery Nurse team when needed.
- To ensure online system are updated by all your team and planning, observation and self-evaluations are completed in a timely fashion.
- To attend all appropriate training, complete all appropriate courses as deemed fit by the company.
- To support senior staff and Head of rooms.
Our client, is a Day Nursey who opened in 1996 with the aim of offering the highest quality childcare to the families who live and work in the City Centre of Manchester. Conveniently located just off Oxford Road, close to both Universities and most office hubs, the setting has established the highest reputation for offering the caring and flexible childcare solutions to all parents and children that attend.
Why should you apply?
- The chance to join a well-established company.
- Staff discount on childcare within the setting.
- Extra holiday for Birthdays (or closest free day).
- Use of discounted cycle and Tech scheme.
- Long service awards.
- Continuous professional development.
- Free DBS check.
- Free uniform.
- Monthly staff perks such as treats, meals, drinks etc.
- Annual team bonding days.
- Option of employment pension.
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: Level 3 Nursery Nurse, Nursery Nurse, EYFS, Nurse, Safeguarding, Confidentiality, Early Years Foundation Framework, EYFS