An exciting position has become available for full time NPI Engineer to join a friendly team based in Birmingham. The successful candidate will earn a competitive salary based on experience. The NPI Engineer will undertake a high-profile role involving exposure to all areas of the business including Senior Management.
- Creative, innovative and proactive personality.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good organisational skills and commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Ability to make decisions with minimum guidance.
- Good IT skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to network.
- Self-motivated, but also a great team player.
- Commercial awareness.
- Previous experience in a jewellery or similar industry and a relevant degree is desirable.
- Ability to sketch and design using 3D programs is a plus.
- Experience working with ISO standards would be advantageous.
- Review and Improve New Product Development process to manage projects from concept to development to launch.
- Developing product specifications to a desired budget using the required materials preparing bills and routes for the costings team to base prices upon.
- Create New Product Samples to deliver and present to Customers.
- Prepare product descriptions for use both at a technical and marketing level.
- Prepare product descriptions and notes for makers to ensure that the product is produced and delivered to the required standard; approve working samples, prepare sealed samples and photos.
- Work with company’s ERP system, including, but not limited to uploading product images, creating Jobs, describing and reviewing materials and operations.
- Carry out quality assessments to ensure that the products are up to standard.
- Maintain a high level of communication and accuracy and deliver a high-quality result in a timely fashion.
- Ensure products adhere to International regulations.
- Answer Sales questions regarding production possibilities, new product ideas, etc.
- Aid in designing new pieces and collections.
- Where necessary, prepare notes for professional photography & similar marketing purposes.
- Decide what tests are needed and ensure they are tested in a prompt manner. Ensure correct labelling and packaging is used for all products, including barcodes where they are required.
- Produce new inspiration, looking at the team’s inspiration and suggest new products and new designs, ensure that these suggestions are followed through.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the financials, be aware of budgets and work within constraints of the budget and range plan.
- Make sure the products are designed, samples are in hand, required margins & lead times are achieved and orders signed off to meet business requirements.
- Support internal quality management system and compliance to ISO standards, by aiding in investigations and corrective actions and providing a written report of either.
Company + Benefits
There’s something inspiring about working for our client, perhaps it’s their iconic history and their reputation of serving clubs, associations, trade and student unions, nationally and internationally over many years. The company holds a Royal Warrant from Her Majesty the Queen as supplier of Gold and Silver Laces, Insignia and Embroidery.
They are proud to supply regalia, jewels, insignia and a broad range of other items to their customers around the world. They create styles that celebrate a passion for colour, texture, craftsmanship and innovative design. The tradition of fine craftsmanship is proudly carried on today in their Birmingham and Bedworth workshops.
The successful candidate will receive the following benefits:
- Company pension scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- On-site parking.
Why should you apply?
- To join a fantastic company
- To become part of a great team
- To showcase your knowledge and skill set
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: NPI Engineer, Product Specifications, Regalia, Jewels, Insignia, Sales, Craftmanship, New Product Development, Products, Developing, Engineering