TEMPORARY MIG WELDER REQUIRED
Salary £9.66 hourly
Benefits: HOLIDAY ACCRUAL .05 / PER WEEK / After 3 months Company Pension
Hours: Monday – Thursday 8am- 4.30pm Friday 8am – 3.30pm
Established in 1996 and currently located in Rochdale housed within a 25,000 sq. ft factory, our client is a precision sheet metal manufacturer using the latest in CNC machinery to achieve excellent quality products. They are specialists within the Retail Sector, manufacturing from light gauge sheet metal and tubular section from various materials such as Mild Steel, Stainless Steel, Galvanised and Aluminium.
They are currently looking to recruit MIG welder with a strong light fabrication / welding background to the retail industry. This could lead to a permanent position orders permitting.
- Measure and align work pieces using straightedges, clamps, and callipers
- Oversee the set-up of TIG/MIG welding equipment
- Operate power and hand tools such as arc welders, buffing machine, and linishers
- Oversee the selection and procurement of materials and equipment required for TIG/MIG welding
- Ensure compliance with established health/safety policies and regulations
- Carry out welding according to set dimensions to meet requirements
- Read and interpret production drawings in order to lay out a welding project
- Collaborate with works supervisor to ensure smooth work operations
- Maintain welding safety guidelines and regulations to ensure a risk-free work environment
- Monitor inventory level of materials to notify supervisor of stock shortage
- Hit targets
- Undertake other metal fabrication duties as required
The Ideal Candidate(s):
- Ability to read drawings an advantage
- To understand technical plans
- To be able to concentrate for long periods.
- Maths and measuring skills.
- Technical skills like knowing how to choose the right welding method for the job.
If you feel that you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for and possess all the necessary requirements, then send in your CV with covering letter by clicking the APPLY button below!
Keywords: Welder, Welding Jobs, TIG Welder, TIG Welding Jobs, MIG Welder MIG Welding Jobs, Metal Fabrication, Sheet Metal Work, Skilled Trade, Fabrication