Location: Washington, DC 20020
Hours: FULL TIME
Salary: Hourly ( Graduate Licensed Clinician – $45 per Hr.; Independent Licensed Clinician: $50 Per Hr)
Mental Health Counselor/Therapist
An exciting position has become available for a full time hourly Mental Health Counselor/Therapist to join a friendly team based in Washington, DC 20020. The successful candidate will earn a competitive salary. The successful candidate will provide clinical services in home and office settings.
- Have emotional intelligence, compassion and empathy
- Nonverbal communication abilities are also critical
- A non-judgemental approach
- Respect for confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Provide individual/family/group counseling sessions and document same.
- Develop treatment plans and report on progress to guardians, and other involved parties (Probation Officers, Guardian Ad Litums, etc.)
- Collaboration between school staffs and other treatment providers on client needs.
- Exercise sound judgment in proposing changes to client treatment plans.
- Take part in multi-disciplinary treatment team meetings.
- Treatment Plan review of clients at each Team meeting.
- Coordinate closely with other staff to ensure the appropriateness of treatment modalities.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Serve as clinical liaison to referral sources and guardians regarding client progress and needs; to include attendance of
- Develop and implement plans for individual client discharges.
- Maintain record of all services provided.
- Maintain high quality documentation of all case work, completed in a timely manner and consistent with outlined program policies and licensure requirements.
- Notify Supervisor of any significant client medical complaint(s), unusual events, accidents, medical problems, property damage or maintenance concern, etc.
- Update the treatment plan for the assigned individual
- Assist (provide the update) the supervisor in completing LOCUS/CFAS/ GAIN
- Attend the supervision as required.
Better Morning emerged as an outpatient counseling practice in Ashburn, VA and is home to passionate mental health professionals dedicated to helping others. Since our establishment in 2014, we have been committed to providing high quality, focused, professional services to individuals and families in the Northern Virginia and Washington DC area.
In addition to providing counseling from the Ashburn office, Better Morning started off providing Community Based Intervention (CBI), level II and III, services to youth between the ages of 6 and 21. Better Morning adheres to the CBI practice guidelines as set forth by the Department of Behavioral health and accepts referrals from Child and Family Services Agency (CFSA), Court Social Services( CSS), Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services( DYRS).
Why should you apply?
- To join a fantastic company
- To become part of a great team
- To showcase your knowledge and skill set
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: Mental Health, Counselor, Therapist, Individual/Family/Group Counseling, Probation Officers, Guardian Ad Litums, LOCUS/CFAS/ GAIN