Salary: Competitive, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Training Provided, Company contribution pension, NHS top up scheme
Hours: Full time, Permanent
Location: Chard, TA20
Swisstulle UK Ltd is the largest volume manufacturer of genuine bobbinet tulle in the world. Based in South Chard, the factory produces fabric for a wide range of technical and fashion applications.
Due to an on-going expansion within our engineering department, we are looking to recruit a mechanic.
The appointed candidate will be primarily involved in carrying out mechanical maintenance on our crucial feeder machines as well as responding to and repairing mechanical breakdowns. The engineer must use their problem-solving skills to help troubleshoot issues to prevent re-occurrence.
Full training will be given however our machinery is unique therefore this role needs someone who is confident enough to learn on the job and will understand both the complexity and importance of the machinery.
The role would suit someone who enjoys a challenge, has experience of and an interest in taking machinery apart and rebuilding it and someone who takes pride in their work.
- Carry out TPM and respond to reactive maintenance requirements
- Work efficiently to ensure all works are completed in a safe manner and to Health and Safety regulations
- Conduct relevant repairs or improvements and carry out preventative maintenance on equipment
- Respond quickly and effectively to breakdowns and other engineering problems
- Accurately complete all engineering documentation required
- Manufacture spare parts (simple brackets, guards and fixtures) using lathes or milling
- Excellent communication skills
- Good eye for detail
- Ability to maintain performance and work effectively under pressure
- Some knowledge of mechanical engineering
- A self-starter who enjoys the challenges presented by complex machinery
- Patient with good attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and clear thinking
- Embraces change and continuously looks for ways to make improvements
If you feel you are the Ideal Candidate APPLY today!
Keywords: Industrial Engineer, Plant Engineer, Mechanical, Maintenance, Installation, Mechanic, Engineering, Commercial Equipment, Service Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Technician, Installation,