Market Analyst – HVAC Sector
Salary: £24,000-£28,000 depending on previous experience
Hours: Full time, Permanent
BRG Building Solutions is a specialist market research consultancy serving the global building technologies industry. Our clients include most major manufacturers in the sectors we cover, as well as private equity firms, strategic consultancies and public bodies.
Our offering includes both multi-client services developed around our online database, and single-client consultancy services. BRG Building Solutions is the market leader in its field, with offices in London, New Jersey, Beijing and New Delhi.
We have an immediate vacancy for a Market Analyst at our London office (Ealing) to cover research in a variety of English-speaking countries (including also Benelux and Scandinavia). As a key member of our international team, you will be responsible for the collection and assimilation of market data in a variety of building technology related sectors, including heating, air conditioning, ventilation, controls and bathroom installations.
Please note that this is not a financial analyst position. You do not necessarily need to have done anything in the building technologies field before, but we need to see that you can develop genuine interest in the area.
Duties of the role:
- Primary research through high-level interviews with industry experts (both telephone and personal)
- Secondary intelligence gathering including the collection and analysis of supporting statistics (e.g. macro-economic indicators, construction statistics etc.)
- Analysing data to a high level of accuracy and formulating concise written reports
- Writing clear and insightful market reports, in good English
- Updating our existing database of market data and company profile information
- Maintaining and expanding our network of contacts in the building products industry
- Presenting and selling BRG’s offering to existing and new clients.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree, preferably in a business related or technical field
- A minimum of one or two years’ experience of working in a business-related environment, preferably but not exclusively in a sector that is directly relevant to our activity (HVAC and energy in buildings)
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written, including total fluency in English. Any other European language would be a bonus
- Commitment, self-motivation, an enquiring mind and a genuine interest in economic developments and market dynamics
- A fearless attitude towards research interviews is essential
- Strong numerical skills and proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Outstanding analytical skills and report writing abilities
- An ability to assimilate new subjects quickly and a certain affinity to technical products rather than FMCG
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills and the capacity to work both independently and within a team
- Willingness to travel. A full valid driving licence is not essential but is welcome.
If you feel you are the Ideal Candidate APPLY today!
Keywords: Market Analyst, Analyst, Business Analyst, Analysis, Market Research, Business, Multilingual, Bilingual, Customer Service, Sales, Sales Executive