Hours: Full Time
Salary: £18,000 – £22,000 pa
Our client leads the way as the UK’s most prominent specialist for over 30 years. They specialise in transforming car park facilities, waterproofing elevated service decks, flat roofs and podium slabs.
Due to ongoing success, our client is looking to employ a Logistics/warehouse Operative, to carry out tasks in order to ensure that the external/internal customer expectations are met. The successful candidate will operate at all times in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure sufficient and safe storage of all materials in finished goods warehouse.
- Carry out any necessary housekeeping tasks.
- Pick, pack and organise orders for customers, including processing and of any necessary paperwork / labels.
- Ensure all orders are despatched in a timely manner.
- Perform all necessary processes, whether manual or electronic, to ensure accuracy of stock and invoicing.
- Deal with any enquiries into the department in an efficient and professional manner.
- Load and unload production from dedicated carrier’s vehicles & vendors delivery companies including suppliers of Bought-In Finished Goods and customer returns.
- Booking in goods in and auditing receivables vs orders
- Maintaining minimum stock of materials for the sites
- Promote and maintain working practices which are consistent with the Company policy on Health safety and Environment
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong presence but approachable
- Excellent communicator
- A thorough systematic approach
- Progressive and passionate to implement continuous improvement
- Pragmatic and commercial driven team player
- Forward thinker
- Problem Solver
- Minimum 5 years warehouse experience (preferable)
- Experience in maintaining a small but busy warehouse
- Experience working in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Forklift Licence including counterbalance and/or reach
- Working history of computer literacy skills, inclusive of in-house systems, emails and excel documents
- Counterbalance and Reach Forklift licences
- Full driving licence
Skills Desired but not essential:
- Working history within the construction / contracting sector
- Banksman card
- CPC card
- Understanding Hazardous materials
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: warehouse operative, logistics, warehouse experience, forklift license, full driving license, health and safety, pick, pack, organise, maintaining stock, construction, contracting sector