ICT Support Technician
Hours: 38.25 per week
Contract: Full Time
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Negotiable, Depending on Experience
Our client is a rapidly improving family of six Primary, Secondary and Sixth Form Academies across the Midlands, who believe a brilliant education should be central to the development of every child and young person. The successful candidate will be working with the ICT Manager to provide proficient support to the ICT needs of the school in alignment with the School’s objectives.
- Assist in the management of the school ICT computer facilities & software.
- Advise and assist the ICT Manager regarding the procurement of all ICT equipment and consumables.
- Undertake maintenance of ICT hardware.
- Assist with the management of classroom management software.
- Liaise with partners and suppliers of the school on ICT related issues.
- Assist with technical upgrades, implementation and training of new and existing systems.
- Provide assistance to staff and students using ICT – including software support.
- Contribute to ICT training and advise school staff as appropriate.
- Contribute to the development of a Help Desk system that ensures requests for work are prioritised and completed in line with the department’s standards.
- Work towards achieving and maintaining ITIL recognised standards of support.
- Problem solve and troubleshoot issues on the staff & students computers such as software, hardware, configuration and user errors.
- Provide a high quality of user support to include: Microsoft Office Packages, Desktop support and peripherals.
- Install software as required and to expected standards.
- Contribute to the implementation of Microsoft Office 365 especially MS Teams.
- Travel to local site to support with IT issues.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent problem-solving and resolution abilities on a wide range of software, hardware and network issues.
- Ability to recommend, configure and maintain the schools hardware estate/infrastructure of Servers, PC’s, Laptops, Projectors, Interactive Boards, Printers and Cabling.
- Good working knowledge of standard operating platforms including Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to organise and prioritise schedules of work
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to cope with and adapt to change.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work with other team members and to contribute imaginatively to team development and problem solving.
- Ability to work co-operatively and flexibly within a team.
- Ability to advise, communicate effectively and assist a range of nontechnical users within an organisation.
- Full clean driving licence and willing to travel to additional local site to support.
- Understanding of data protection requirements.
- An effective team player but also able to think and work independently;
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Methodical approach to work, attention to detail important
- Have a polite, friendly and flexible approach to work
- Working knowledge of VMware.
- Working knowledge of HP switches.
- Working knowledge of Sims MIS system.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange
- Experience of working with and/or implementing Office 365 especially MS Teams.
- Previous experience of working in a school environment.
- Previous experience of service desk/ticketing systems.
- Previous experience of using RM CC4.
- Knowledge of the Safeguarding procedures used within a school.
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate, send in your CV by clicking the APPLY button today!
Keywords: ICT, Technician, ICT Support, Support Technician, IT, computer, equipment, hardware, school, Microsoft, maintenance, laptops, projectors, software