Heavy Plant Fitter
Location: Great Hucklow, Derbyshire
Hours: Full time basis (40hours/wk)
Salary: £30,000-£33,000 pa
Our client is a fluorspar extracting and processing operation in the Peak District National Park operating varying sites including an underground mine and processing mill.
Our client is currently looking for a Heavy Plant Fitter to repair and maintain underground mining vehicles on a full time basis (40hours/wk). The vehicle fleet includes both light vehicles and heavy mobile machinery up to 25 tonnes. The site boasts a modern fleet but knowledge of older machinery is essential.
The Heavy Plant Fitter role typically involves Day (6 – 2) and Afternoon (2 – 10) Shift work rotating weekly. There are good opportunities for overtime on Saturday mornings as well as shift allowance for unsociable hours. The company also provides pension options and life insurance cover for all employees.
If desired there is also scope to expand the Heavy Plant Fitter role for the right candidate in order to help progress you in your career. This could include experience and training to progress as an engineering manager.
The right Heavy Plant Fitter candidate must have:
- Qualifications relating to the role.
- Previous experience working on large diesel machinery and the maintenance schemes associated with them.
- Experience and knowledge of hydraulic and electrical systems and an ability to diagnose and repair issues with plant.
- Strong team working and independent skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic maths and literacy skills.
It would be preferable if the Heavy Plant Fitting candidate had:
- Experience using welding and burning equipment.
- Previous experience working on Atlas Copco/Epiroc Machines
- Knowledge of mining and extractive environments and the regulations that apply.
- Safety management system experience.
If you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: Heavy Plant Fitter, Heavy Equipment Operations, Equipment Operations, Engineering, Maintenance, Installation, Hydraulic Engineer, Electrical Engineer