Position: Fixed Wire Electrical Tester
Salary: £30,000 – £31,500 Depending on Experience (which includes report writing as required)
Hours: Full Time – Additional Overtime available
Benefits: Permanent position, Company Vehicle Provided with Fuel Card, Accommodation Costs are paid up front when working away from home, Overnight Allowance Provided when working away, Holiday Pay – 28 days (including 8 Bank Holidays).
Location: Glasgow/Edinburgh Central Belt, G20 7BE.
Our client was founded in 2006 to provide electrical testing services to a range of commercial clients. Since then, the company has seen consistent growth. It now works with businesses and institutions across Scotland and the rest of the UK. Sectors covered include hospitality, education, retail and healthcare. Based in Glasgow, Comply2 is a member of the National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting (NIC EIC) and have been awarded ISO 9001:2015, 14001:2017 and 18001:2008 accreditation – so they are recognised experts in the field. They are looking to recruit an experienced Fixed Wire Electrical Tester to join their team, based in the Glasgow/Edinburgh Central Belt.
- To carry out fixed wire testing to complete Electrical Installation Condition Reports for a variety of customers throughout the UK
- Carry out tests of all electrical services and systems to determine the integrity and functionality of cables, accessories and disconnection devices.
- Inspect materials, products and work in progress for conformance to specifications, and adjust process or assembly equipment to meet standards.
- Liaise with customers regarding test results, recommend corrective procedures and compile report of results, schedule of items tested and inspected and a list of defects or deviations from the British Standard which will require attention.
- To complete any repairs required to bring an electrical installation to a satisfactory condition
- Carry out Thermal Imaging
- Carry out Emergency Light Testing for a variety of customers throughout the UK
- Isolate circuits supplying emergency lights for an hourly rating (1-3 hours)
- Inspect and record lights to ensure each light is operating correctly and that there is adequate coverage for the property.
- Mark any defects or deviations which will require attention.
- Carry out Fire Alarm Testing for a variety of customers throughout the UK
- Testing of fire alarm devices – call points and batteries, smoke detectors, heat detectors and control panels
- Report any defects or deviations which will require attention.
- Complete Risk Assessments as required
- Ensure all documents are completed as required
- Provide excellent levels of customer service
- City & Guilds 18th Edition Electrician
- City & Guilds 2391 Qualified (or equivalent)
- Work towards targets and deadlines
- Work on own initiative as well as working well within a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in testing and inspection work (ideally commercial)
- Full UK Driving Licence
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: Fixed Wire Electrical Tester, Electrical Tester, Experienced Electrician, Qualified Electrician, Fully Qualified Electrician, Electrical Technician, Electrical Safety Tester, Electrical Tester, Safety Tester,