Field Service Electrical Engineer
Salary: £22,000-£28,000 depending on experience +£5k car allowance + mileage allowance
Contract: 12 months fixed-term, to be reviewed after this time
Region: Multiple roles around South East
Based in Bromsgrove, Hugo Technology established in 2001 and working within the healthcare sector. As of 2020, Hugo has a strong customer base, has 3 business premises with a workforce that has grown to over 90 team members who cover work throughout the United Kingdom and Internationally.
Hugo works in partnership with pioneering medical device Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), we adapt to individual needs and requirements by offering a package tailored specifically to each customer. We offer a comprehensive service which includes the testing, calibration and repair of a wide range of medical equipment, from liver transplantation, CT injection, enteral feeding and infusion devices, to renal dialysis, patient monitoring, ophthalmic and specialist surgical equipment.
As a result of continued growth, Hugo would like to advertise for the position of Field Service Engineer. This position would suit a self–motivated, enthusiastic individual who has a willingness to learn and progress in the medical equipment industry. Exceptional customer service and strong communication skills are essential for this position as well as the ability to work within a team.
Hugo is committed to and will ensure that you receive world class training, with individual mentoring and a tailored training plan. Due to the nature of our business, all engineers will receive Original Equipment Manufacturer’s training direct from the manufacturer.
- To carry out professional medical device servicing, fault finding, repair, commissioning and installations.
- The engineer must take pride in their work, maintain high standards of competency and adhere to the relevant medical standards.
- Complete all service paperwork and documentation to the agreed standard.
- Responsible for maintaining the work area and test equipment in a safe, compliant and tidy condition.
- Ensure that company’s policies and guidelines are adhered to at all times.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Based in the South West or South East England.
- Qualified to HNC or equivalent in electrical/electronic engineering, or time-served biomedical engineer.
- Working down to component level with soldering experience is desirable.
- Background in electronics is desirable.
- A competent “hands on” service engineer with a “can do” attitude, and the ability to problem-solve effectively and efficiently.
- Full UK driving license, own transport, and the willingness to travel to all areas of the UK as dictated by the needs of the customer and the business
- Ability to work unsupervised and use own initiative.
- Flexible and self-motivated, with the ability maintain and achieve service targets and deadlines.
- Happy to travel with potential stay always (paid for).
- A professional team player who is self-motivated and possesses excellent communication skills.
If you feel you are the Ideal Candidate APPLY today!
Keywords: Electrician, Electronic, Electrical, Field Engineer, Electrical Tester, Testing Engineer, Cabling, Commercial Electrician, Industrial Engineer, Industrial Electrician, Wiring, Electrical Vacancies, JIB, 18th Edition