POSITION: Experienced Conference Producer
SALARY: £24k – £28k, Depending on Experience
BENEFITS: Company Pension,Central London Location, Young and Dynamic Team
HOURS: 9-5 Monday to Friday
LOCATION: Central London/ Currently working from home
Our client produces exciting conferences, forums, briefings, and workshops on public policy topics, and diverse, timely private sector forums and events. Themes covered range from Knife Crime, Mental Health in Schools, and Employability in Scotland, to Artificial Intelligence, Diversity in TV, and Women Mean Business.
Due to continued success the company is seeking a Conference Producer. The successful candidate will be producing a really exciting mix of topics, in a dynamic and rapidly expanding environment. The company will produce over a hundred events in 2020 and are currently delivering events via a live broadcast medium.
This is a dynamic role, in a lively environment. The successful candidate will be creative, enjoy a diverse role with many tasks to juggle, be good at researching and resourceful, and happy to use their own initiative and to take responsibility for projects.
The main purpose of the role is to research and develop around 16-20 viable events (chiefly one day conferences, half day forums, and half day workshops) for delegates across public, private, and voluntary sectors.
In addition to researching and producing viable events, you will develop marketing and sponsorship plans, in conjunction with the relevant executives, and oversee the speaker’s budget. The role also involves actively seeking new and viable conference ideas, and partnership/ sponsorship opportunities.
It’s imperative that events are viable, of excellent quality, and produced to strict deadlines, to ensure the commerciality of events.
- Project management from inception to programme sign off, and delivery of key targets/ deadlines for each conference / event.
- Design and writing of the conference / event programme from start to finish.
- Thorough research, undertaken through the completion of a conference brief.
- Desk research and in-depth telephone research, to ensure viability of programmes, and to maximise each topic, and inputting research information onto the database.
- Research, selection of and liaison with senior-level speakers, to ensure the most appropriate and appealing line up of speakers on events.
- Writing copy for marketing materials and website.
- Desk, telephone and face-to-face research with industry contacts to develop new conference/ event topics.
- Identification of audience, commercial partners and sponsors.
- Close collaboration with marketing, sponsorship sales, and logistics teams to ensure commercial success
- Communicating key conference / event updates to the wider team and senior management
- On-going industry research to identify key trends, competitor events, new topics and alternative revenue streams.
- Working to strict deadlines and working in cycles, juggling projects.
- To liaise with speakers in the lead up to events, ensuring that programmes remain intact.
- Acting as main contact for speakers on the day of the conference.
- Dealing with speakers post event and ensuring all their details are up to date on the database.
Previous Experience and Knowledge:
- 1-2 years conference production experience
- Excellent research skills and proof of experience.
- Working to tight deadlines.
- Experience of using negotiating and influencing skills.
- Experience of writing copy.
- A good understanding of/ experience of the public sector and issues.
- Customer services experience.
- Experience of project management.
- A good level of IT competence.
Personal Attributes and Working Style:
- Excellent time management skills and prioritisation skills.
- The ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Creative flair and the ability to hone and identify key themes rapidly.
- The ability to assimilate information rapidly.
- Persuasive and able to pin down speakers.
- The ability to act quickly and solve problems.
- Willingness to use initiative and take ownership of projects.
- Maturity and professionalism.
- A team player.
- Possessing a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
In order to apply please send a C.V and covering letter by clicking on the apply button below.
Keywords: Conference Producer, Producer, Copywriter, Conferences, Forums, Briefings, Events, Events Producer, Events Manager, Events Management, Marketing, PR