Building Clerk of Works
Hours: Full Time or Part Time – hours may be negotiable
Salary: Negotiable, depending on hours, experience (+ travel expenses)
Established in 2012, our client is a Clerk of Works, CDM and Project Management consultancy based in the Scottish Highlands. Due to an increasing workload, they are hoping to recruit a building clerk of works to join their team.
The position will be based in and around the Inverness area predominantly, however may involve travel to projects on the west coast and into Moray.
- Inspecting construction work and comparing it with drawings and specifications
- Working with the site teams and using your experience to help identify potential issues and the means to avoid them.
- Identifying defects and suggesting ways to correct them
- Monitoring progress and reporting to construction managers, architects and clients
- Keeping detailed records of progress on the sites you will be visiting.
- Referring to plans and taking photographs of work, along with measurements and samples
- Liaising with contractors, engineers, architects, surveyors etc
- Checking that building regulations, health and safety, legal and ecological requirements are met
- Working between home and construction sites.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A trades or site management background is essential
- Experience of timber frame construction is essential
- You will ideally have experience as a Clerk of Works backed up by a relevant qualification, such as membership of the CIOB or Institute of Clerk of Works & Construction Inspectorate
- You will be able to work independently and have good communication skills
- You will have IT skills including experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and hopefully MS Project, Sharepoint and PDF software such as Bluebeam or Adobe.
- You will have knowledge of current Health and Safety Legislation
- Full drivers license and access to a car is required
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: Building, clerk of works, construction, measure, measuring, inspecting, inspection, defects, building materials, surveyors, building regulations, health and safety