AST Support Worker
An exciting position has become available for a full time AST Support Workerto join a friendly team based in Hull. The successful applicant will work 39 hours per week and will earn £18,375 (pro-rata) progressing to £19,346 (pro rata) on satisfactory completion of a 6-month probationary period assessment. A further increase after 1 year of service to £20,428 (pro rata).
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working with vulnerable and marginalised groups in a community based project, will enjoy networking/multi-agency work and working knowledge of the benefits and housing system will be beneficial.
- Understanding of services provided to vulnerable groups
- Understanding of delivering supported housing services.
- Understanding of delivering services to residents in housing and supported accommodation
- Basic knowledge of Welfare Benefits System.
- An understanding of risk assessments and support planning
- Understanding of the Judiciary System in the UK
- A full UK driver’s licence is required.
- Assist residents when moving in, or out of Target accommodation.
- Assess the circumstances, aspirations and needs of each resident in order to make a support plan that is relevant to the resident and realistic in its achievement.
- Act as residents’ keyworker offering advice and support to negotiated and agreed support planning to enable them to develop their skills for independent living.
- Assist residents to maximise their income and to manage their personal budgets.
- Support residents to understand their rights and responsibilities under their occupancy agreements.
- Support and motivation to residents encouraging them to achieve personal goals.
- Carry out regular resident risk assessment and ensure it is properly recorded and copied to relevant officers in the organisation.
- Review support plans periodically and adapt them according to changing needs
- Make sure residents pay the rent due to Target Housing as required by the occupancy agreement. Assist residents with their benefit claims where necessary.
- Monitor residents’ handling of Target Housing property and consumption of gas & electricity.
- Monitor residents’ compliance with their occupancy agreements. Inform Service Manager who will then take action to resolve non-compliance issues.
- Monitor occupancy to ensure that properties have not been abandoned or damaged and take prompt action when it happens to avoid unnecessary costs to TH.
- Where appropriate, help residents with budgeting. Negotiate with other bodies on behalf of the resident on the repayment of arrears such as rent owed to the Local Authority Housing Department.
- Liaise with the Probation Service and any other appropriate bodies to ensure that all are aware of relevant information.
- Enable and support the service user to deal with conflict and disputes amongst service users and between service users and neighbours.
- Assist in the delivery and development of resident activities.
- Keep all prescribed records in order that the value of the tenant support service can be audited and comply with confidentiality policy.
- Build links with external organisations, to maintain constructive working relations and to ensure resident’s needs are met.
- Participate in office duty arrangements.
- Provide cover for absent Housing Support Assistants & Supported Housing Assistant.
- Accompany a colleague to an appointment or visit where dual attendance is required.
- Attend and participate in training sessions or activities as required.
- Participate in team meetings and supervision as required,
- Perform other such duties as may be required to further the aims of Target Housing within the Health and Safety requirements.
- Adhere to all of Target Housing’s policies and procedures our Equal Opportunities, Confidentiality and Health and Safety policies.
Target Housing is a charity and registered social landlord.
Over the past 25 years we have shown that stable accommodation and support can help transform lives and empower people to achieve independence.
The successful candidate will receive: membership of the Westfield healthcare scheme; 28 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
Why should you apply?
- To join a fantastic company
- To become part of a great team
- To showcase your knowledge and skill set
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: AST Support Worker, Support, Supported Housing, Independent Living, Registered, Charity, Welfare, Benefits, System, Assessments, Hull, Full Time