Starting Salary: 19k-22k
Hours: Full time, Permanent
Location: Ipswich, Suffolk, IP8
Our client has over 20 years’ experience within the Timber Industry. From home-grown production methods to the importing of timbers from the Baltics, Europe and Canada, their company Imports and distributes a wide range of timber products suitable for Agricultural, Equine, Landscaping, Domestic Timbers as well as a range of Outdoor Living and Garden Products.
Due to continued growth and success they are currently looking to recruit an experienced Procurement Coordinator.You will be required to identify and replenish low levels of stock by selecting the company’s preferred source of supply and participate in negotiations with suppliers and ensure all purchase orders are priced accurately.
You would also liaise with purchase ledger, logistics, sales and suppliers regarding any discrepancies or damages as well as maintaining and monitoring inventory levels of all stock.
- Produce monthly and quarterly purchasing schedules in line with demand planning requirements and as directed by the Procurement Manager
- Working with the team to handle the movement of all inbound stock.
- Raising of purchase orders.
- Arrange and Organise stock to be treated at the port
- Keep track of supplier’s orders meeting agreed lead times, maintain quality requirements in accordance with compliance guidelines.
- Track FSC monthly purchases
- Track stock movements in Europe.
- Prepare loading Specs, Liasing with sales team and what priorities to load on vessel
- Sourcing new potential suppliers
- Cost price comparisons
As you develop in the role:
- Negotiating with suppliers
- Conducting price reviews with existing suppliers and identifying opportunities to lower them
- Ensuring the quality of general technical product data and product imagery provided by suppliers
- Conducting consumer behaviour analysis to identify trends
- You will also be involved in looking at Continuous Improvement techniques to stream line the processes and ensure the customers are serviced to the highest level.
- Assess timber requirements to be purchased with detailed descriptions on diameter class species and other volumes
- Contributing to a continuous improvement culture
- Ensure the continuity of supply, low costs, and acceptable quality.
- Visit port to check quality of stock and carry out stock takes
- Travel to Europe to meet suppliers
The Ideal Candidate:
- 1-years’ + experience in Buying
- You will need to have strong Excel skills, particularly Pivot Tables, Formulas etc.
- Can fit into a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work using own initiative
- Ability to work with multiple orders
- Excellent attention to detail
- Full UK Driving License
If you feel you are the Ideal Candidate APPLY today!
Keywords: Procurement, Procurement, Purchasing, Sales, Administration, Administrator, Data Entry, Buyer, Inventory Planner, Inventory, Buyer, Timber, Construction Buyer, Agricultural, Buying